The Dr. Suhyun An Scholarship is a awarded to 2 students annually who exemplify a commitment to academic excellence in pursuit of a career in the medical field. To be eligible, students must have a minimum of a 3.0 weighted gpa, two academic or professional references, and submit an essay of 500-800 words detailing why he or she is pursuing a career in the medical field. Video essay submissions are accepted and encouraged, but are not mandatory.
To apply online CLICK HERE
Education Is The Passport To The Future
The Dr. Suhyun An Scholarship was birthed from a desire to assist dedicated students who have shown a commitment to education in the pursuit of a medical degree. Founded by Dr. Suhyun An, a renowned chiropractor with an immense passion for overall wellness and total health, the primary goal of the scholarship is to alleviate a portion of the financial burden that many students today face. This is especially true for students pursuing a degree in the medical field, who on average graduate with over $230,000 in student loan debt, as of a study conducted in 2021.
It can be difficult for students to get a foothold in life and establish themselves with nearly a quarter million dollars in debt hanging over their heads. The Dr. Suhyun An Scholarship is Dr. An’s way of investing in not only future generations of physicians, nurses, and others in medical careers, but the country as a whole. These young men and women are the ones who will be responsible for the next breakthroughs in medicine and healthcare.
Scholarship Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements
Award Amount: $2,000
Number of Awards: 2
- High school senior currently accepted at an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Minimum gpa of 3.0 weighted*
- Be in pursuit of a degree in the medical field.
- Submit an essay of 500-800 words discussing why you are pursuing an education and career in the medical field, and what motivates you to study medicine.
- 2 academic or professional references
Submissions must be made either via our online application or via email, in the form of an attached WORD-DOC, and emailed to DrSuhyunAnScholarship@gmail.com.
The following information must immediately follow your 500-800 word essay:
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Current or most recent weighted gpa
- If you are still in high school, please provide your graduation date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Student ID #
- Contact information for 2 academic or professional references
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021.
The recipient will be announced on DrSuhyunAnScholarship.com on December 15, 2021.
To apply online CLICK HERE